Glasgow Doors Open Day has over 1198 volunteers that help the festival take place! We post various opportunities to volunteer both at the Doors Open Day Headquarters and with specific Doors Open Day events and buildings. Keep you eye on this page for new positions posted. Scroll down for all positions.
Doors Open Day Headquarters Volunteers Wanted
Glasgow Building Preservation Trust is looking for keen individuals to assist with the organisation and marketing of Glasgow Doors Open Day 2016
Glasgow Doors Open Day is organised by Glasgow Building Preservation Trust and is financially supported by Glasgow City Council plus others. The event takes place every September, allowing access to a variety of buildings, venues and areas in Glasgow. The core element of the event is that it is completely FREE for all public to attend and enjoy! Events and marketing volunteers are required to assist with the tasks involved within the process of organising and publicising in the lead up to September.
Details:Â Candidates will be offered a variety of â€˜shiftsâ€™ that they can sign up for.
Duties:Â The tasks that will be required to be performed will relate to the following areas: Event Organisation, Event Management, Marketing and PR. In detail the tasks involve the following:
- Promotions â€“ at a variety of dates PR activity will take place within the City. This may include costumed flyering (costumes would be provided) and/or promotional t-shirts.
- Event Preparation â€“ assistance within the office will be required on an ad hoc basis, preparing materials for participants
- Distribution â€“ distribution of brochures and posters in a variety of areas.
- Customer Service â€“ assistance within the events office with phone call and email enquiries, offering advice and help to visitors.
- Event Assistant â€“ assisting at events during Glasgow Doors Open Day such as press launches, talks, building visits and other special events.
- GBPT Representative â€“ visiting buildings and events during Doors Open Day to represent GBPT and report back with a checklist and images.
- Administration â€“ involvement in website updates, social media updates and evaluation process.
Requirements:Â To apply for these positions an interest in events, marketing, PR, architecture or heritage is desirable.
This is an opportunity to experience the following:
- Experience a variety of roles involved within events organisation
- Working in a busy office environment
- Planning and organising an established festival
- Contributing to a community event
Please Note:Â Due to extremely limited resources these are NOT paid positions however expenses will be covered and will be discussed at the induction.
Please emailÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ with your CV and a short description as to why you would like to be involved in Glasgow Doors Open Day.