Glasgow Doors Open Days Festival and Mackintosh Festival Competition 2015
Thanks to everyone who entered an image to the 2015 Glasgow Doors Open Days Festival and Mackintosh Festival photography competition. We had around 200 entries this year!
With so many fantastic images it was tough to choose overall winners but congratulations to Stephen Cruickshank (City Chambers), Joanne Freebairn (View from South Portland Street Bridge), David Walker (Mitchell Library) and Gary Mackenzie (Bridgeton Bus Garage).
For larger versions of our winning images and to keep up to date with all our latest news and events check out our facebook page here.
Photographing Glasgow During the Doors Open Days Festival
Going to be taking some pictures of beautiful Glasgow when youre exploring during the Festival? Send us your top 3 images to enter our photography competition.
We’re looking for your photographs of the buildings you visit, the tours you go on and the events you take part in. These could be cityscapes, historic buildings, architectural details, Mackintosh inspired and as creative and abstract as you like.
Winners in 2015 were displayed in our online gallery, as part of Glasgow Mackintosh Festival and won the following prizes:
- £250 voucher to spend at Glasgow Architectural Salvage
- 3 Day Family Explorer Pass for Historic Scotland
- Signed copy of James McCarroll and Duncan I. McEwan’s ‘Glorious Glasgow’
- Afternoon Tea for two at The Willow Tea Rooms
- A year’s subscription to Scots Heritage Magazine
- Three-hour guided walk with Ronnie Scott for 15 people around “Secret Glasgow”, pointing out overlooked buildings, easily-missed sculpture and hidden architectural details.
To enter, email your high-resolution JPEG photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your full name, contact telephone number and name of the building/event that was part of Glasgow Doors Open Festival.
Up to 3 entries per person. Images to be taken during DODF (12th 18th September 2016) and submitted between noon Monday 12th September and noon Monday 26th September.
Glasgow Building Preservation Trust would like to sincerely thank all organisations for their generosity in donating the above prizes.