With the support of HLF, Glasgowlife and other sponsors we have been able to organise a dedicated childrens programme for Glasgow Doors Open Day this year!
You can download the fun map here (or get a paper copy details here).
But we know how hard it is deciding where to go, especially when you have to think about getting children ready, pit stops and transport.
Weve created an interactive map on the childrens programme page. Here you can see how close each of the buildings and events are, exactly what childrens activities they are offering and links through so that you can get more information to details such as refreshments, facilities and transport.
Top five Childrens Events
- Mazing Memory Museum a hay bale maze located at Riverside Museum. Let your kids run get lost in the maze and find their way to the centre with an interactive oral history museum
- Re-imagine Holmwood House For all budding architects, visit Alexander Greek Thomsons villa and let your kids get creative by designing an extension on the architectural plans
- G3 Growers Make a cress-head or decorate a plant pot to take home
- Fairfield Shipyard Offices Crafts and dressing up activities to discover Glasgows Industrial past
- Digging In Explore a WW1 reconstructed trench and find out what it really would have been like
Enjoying planning your weekend with the family